welcome to noresThe Northampton Diocesan Office for Religious Education, Catechesis and Schools.
events and Courses
NORES organises and conducts many events and courses throughout the year. Follow the link below to find information about forthcoming events and courses and to book your place
NORES (Northampton Religious Education Service) exists to support Catholic education and formation across the Diocese of Northampton. Our remit is wide including the management of Schools and Academies, Catechesis, Adult Education and Religious Education in Schools. Reporting to Bishop David Oakley and led by Mgr Kevin McGinnell our main responsibilities are:
- communicates with schools, academies and parishes through NORES NEWS
- represents the Trustee at all appointments for reserved posts of Head and Deputy Head Teacher, RE and Chaplaincy
- organises and promotes diocesan events for education, especially the annual Education Celebration and NORES Lecture
- organises annual conferences for Head and Deputy Head Teachers
- is responsible for the inspection of our schools and academies as Catholic schools, and their Religious Education in accordance with canonical and civil law.
- monitors and publishes inspection reports and supports the implementation of recommendations
- shares in responsibility for support for schools and academies as and when needed, and with Local Authorities and other external agencies.
- represents the diocese on the statutory committees and other bodies as required by civil law
- works with other diocesan agencies in different ways, e.g. Finance Office, NYMO, Liturgy Commission, Vocations Team etc, and liaises with other denominational and faith bodies in this area.
Latest News and information
Join us online on 13 October with Bishop David to explore Faithful Governance. What does it mean to be a Foundation Governor or Director...
Dreaming with Joseph the Dreamer - Reflecting on the God who speaks through dreams. Join us via Zoom on Monday 4 October at 7pm with...
SCHOOLS WEEK runs from Monday 4 October [feast of St Francis of Assisi, name day of Pope Francis] to Sunday 10 October. The theme...
During the morning we welcome Fr Eamonn Mulcahy who will help us explore the theme ‘The God Who Speaks’ in this Year of the Word. Fr....