There are over 20,000 pupils in our schools of whom 69% are baptised Catholics. We welcome families of other Christian denominations and other faiths who make up a further 27% of our pupils. We have 44 schools of which are 3 Independant, 20 are within Multi-Academy Trusts and 21 are maintained by their Local Authority.
NORES offers many services to schools to help them improve and evaluate their Religious Education curriculum and collective worship.
- visit and support staff teaching religious education
- organise meetings for RE Coordinators and Heads of RE
- provide INSET meetings as required
- organise annual conferences
- represent the Trustee at all major appointments for religious education
- communicate national developments and initiatives
- contribute to Religious Education nationally as members of the National Board of Religious Inspectors and Advisers
- with the Liturgy Commission offer courses for liturgy with young people